Sunday, August 30, 2009

Mzungu caught in the rain!

Another weekend is coming to a close. The work week finished with the first two days of a three day workshop to complete our NORAD proposal. It was great to meet the country managers from Mozambique and Tanzania, and to learn more about the differences in the RTP programs across countries.

Saturday the weather was amazing - yet I spent most of the day at the office. We reviewed three-year operational plans and were briefed on the recent strategic planning session that the Burundi Ministry of Sport had. After a big team dinner at the Kabira Club I was ready for a night out. All nights seem to end at the Iguana Club, and last night was as entertaining as ever. You really do need to have a sense of humour about things here.

I woke up this morning looking forward to a sunny day and time by the pool only to find a cloud covered sky. By 1130 the sun was peeking through so I grabbed my book and a towel and headed to the pool. It was a good mix of sun and cloud until about 345 when it got quite gloomy out. I decided to try and get home before the rain came. Well, I was not quite quick enough and found myself walking in pouring rain...in a white t-shirt! Luckily I had a solid tank on underneath:) I was the only one walking as everyone else had ducked under shelters - and most of them had a good laugh watching the mzungu caught in the rain, trying not to slip and fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment