Sunday, August 23, 2009

4 weeks in!

It has been 4-weeks since I left Toronto and I am starting to settle into a routine - gym, work, movies on tv and the occasional night out with new friends. I still need to sort out how to get around when I am not walking or with an RTP driver. I find transport here a little trickier than in Nairobi but I am sure I will figure it out with time.

The first few weeks I was here the weather was perfect but it seems that we have now moved into rainy season which means that today has been spent in my apartment as opposed to being at the pool:( Luckily the rain seems to only last a couple of hours at a time and then the rest of the time the weather is back to being pretty perfect - not too hot but still warm enough to go out in the evening in a tank top and not worry about a sweater!

Work is good. I spent most of last week researching South Africa for background to put in a 3-year operational plan. It is a great learning to try to put it together! Things are about to get very busy with planning meetings and various training sessions over the next few weeks.

I am looking forward to switching apartments next week and getting fully unpacked, finally!
So far no more cockroach sightings....just ants but not too many.

1 comment:

  1. Ants are definitely less worrisome than cockroaches. Aunts are best of all.
    J

    ReplyDelete