Friday, October 2, 2009

From East to West

I have learned that many decisions are made at the last minute in my office. Yesterday morning I was told that today I would head to Sironka (not in tour books but near Mt. Elgon National Park on the Kenya border) to participate in a training on our Live Safe Play Safe resource. This is our program that focuses on HIV and AIDS. While I will inevitably learn a lot and will be able to better understand the programs, I must admit I was a little distressed to cancel weekend plans and a, a bit nervous about the week – the place is not even in my tour book so what will the accommodation be like?? Luckily I will have my MEC silk sleep sac to give me some comfort while I sleep.

I will return to Kampala next Thursday night. The Friday is a holiday and I will head to Fort Portal, on the Western Border of Uganda near DRC for a weekend with friends. According to what I have read there is some great hiking and swimming is bilharzia free water.

I will try to blog remotely to keep you posted on my progress, but if I am unable to, Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Also a big congrats to Em who managed to get all of her Ontario med school applications inJ

No comments:

Post a Comment