Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Time flies!!

I arrived in Kampala 2 months ago!!! In some ways it feels like I have been here forever and in others like I just arrived.

This week I managed to find the worst Indian food in Kampala - if you ever happen to visit I do not recommend Indian Summer. It is really a shame to eat bad Indian Food when there are so many fabulous options (my fave so far is Khana Khazana where I think I have been 4 or 5 times!).

I also attended a going away party for someone I have never met. I hear that this becomes a common occurrence. It was definitely an interesting evening as most of the people that were had some US Embassy affiliation (CDC, Embassy, Army, USAID etc). It really is a whole new world to be exposed to.

This week we are trying to finish off a proposal with a consultant visiting from Toronto. It has been a bit of a challenge as there are so many different perspectives on what the proposal should be! I think it is quite frustrating for some, but for me it has been a good learning.

The running office joke has been about my inability to cook - after two months I have mastered chicken fried rice, plain pasta (with parmesan cheese) and tomato salad. I am sure I am able to cook more - just haven't tried - it is cheaper and easier to eat out! I really do love the tomatoes and hope I don't get sick of them. If you are reading, and have any easy recipes, please send them my way.

Happy Birthday to E&C today!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment