Sunday, October 25, 2009

milestones

This week brings along two milestones:
  • I have had my new left ACL for 6 months now (the right one is +8 months old)!! If I was home that would potentially mean return to sport (not rugby....don't worry) but here in Kampala the routine will stay the same - no organized sport, just working out at the Kabira Club
  • I have now been in Kampala for 3 months!! It is really incredible how time flies.
This past week was a busy one - Finance Training, many of the RTP country Finance Officers and a team from Toronto came to Kampala. It was great to meet people from all of our different regions. In the training I was able to realize how much I have actually learned since arriving here. We also had a pair of Queen's Exec MBAs that are doing a project on corporate fundraising. I was lucky to get to participate in two field visits with the groups. Every time I go and play with the children and am struck by the power of the games that we use.

I made my first trip to the Friday Market last week - I may have gone a bit overboard on my purchases of necklaces....they will be sent home, along with some other odds and ends for Christmas:) Again - it is amazing how time flies - only 7 weeks until my Southern Africa Adventure!! So much work to be done between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment