Wednesday, October 26, 2011

running in Bamako

Today it was not easy to get myself out of bed - I was up too early, as I often am if I know I have to do something, and debated whether I should just sleep or get up.  I did get up and by 630 was out of the hotel lobby.  My running is pretty bad and I wonder what the people in Bamako think of the white girl running....or more accurately jogging by them.  As mush as they stare at me I too look around to try to take in everything.  It is quite something to see a city come to life.  There are already so many people out and about but not nearly as many as there will be in a few hours.
The run made me realize an important thing about this upcoming year of running - I need to but a watch!  I like to know if I am improving or not of if I am going to slow.  The highlight of the run was along the backstretch of the park when I was passed and then tried to keep up with another runner - it kept me moving!
The run also gave me time to reflect on all that was experienced yesterday - it was like we had two or three days packed into one.  Today we head out of Bamako to the town of Bougoni.  

No comments:

Post a Comment