Friday, March 5, 2010

with real skor bar and lots of love

The planning meetings are now in full-swing and I am hoping I can keep my energy up for another 7 days!!!

I was lucky to get out of town for a few hours last Saturday and go horse riding in Jinja.  The scenery was amazing and the riding was great.  I must admit that 7 days later I am still a bit sore after 90 minutes of trotting and cantering!!!

Monday and Tuesday were spent in a rather intense but incredible communications seminar. It was all about understanding different perceptions and how that affects your communication with others.  It really pushed me to think about how I react in certain situations and how that can affect communication.

Wednesday morning I woke up very excited as I would receive a package from home.  Sadly when i got to the office I found out my colleague from Toronto had been delayed by a day but it was well worth it.  Thursday she arrived with a fabulous package put together from my sisters that included cookies made 'with real skor bar and lots of love' as they wrote in the note that came along with it:)

So far the meetings have been busy but good.  It has been an opportunity for each country team, and for us as a regional team, to look back over the past three years to see how we have reached where we are today.  I am looking forward to tomorrow's presentations and to reflecting in the lessons learned as we plan for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment