Wednesday, March 24, 2010

twitter??

I had been pondering twitter for a while...it seems more convenient that blogging as you can send short messages, 'tweets', to keep people updates.  I was an avid twitter follower during the Olympics to track all of Right To Play's activities.  I started to learn that twitter is much more than a glorified facebook newsfeed - it is a great way to share information.  So today I took the plunge, signed up for twitter, found some things to follow and now have my fingers crossed that I can keep people interested and develop a following!  (Thanks Meghan for becoming my first follower:)) The welcome email I received had the following quotes: "The New York Times calls Twitter "one of the fastest-growing phenomena on the Internet." TIME Magazine says, "Twitter is on its way to becoming the next killer app," and Newsweek noted that "Suddenly, it seems as though all the world's a-twitter."  I figure I may be a late joiner but that I made the right decision in joining!


This blog now has a feed of my latest tweets on the right hand side....please be patient, I am just starting to figure it out.  I will keep you posted as I learn - I must admit I feel a bit like an 80-year-old on a computer for the first time as I try to navigate all the options and news that pops up on my twitter home page.


Mom - don't worry, I will continue to blog.  But following tweets will keep you much more up to date!

No comments:

Post a Comment