Friday, July 24, 2009

Preparing to leave Toronto

3 more sleeps to departure!!
The past 12 days have been a bit of a whirlwind - I had some time in Halifax and Pictou with the MTA Ladies to celebrate Julie & Mark's Wedding, then back to Toronto for a final week at the office. Hopefully I tied all loose ends....but I am sure if I missed anything someone will let me know:). I had a great going away party last Friday - thanks to Sig for organizing and all those who came to wish me a fond farewell. It was funny that it took my pending departure for me to see some of my friends that I haven't seen since Rotman Graduation last year.
I have spent most of the past week organizing myself to pack - not only am I trying to pack for a year, but also pack up all of the stuff I have managed to accumulate while living with my parents for the past 3 years. Is it wrong that I don't want to throw anything out?
With only a few days to go, things have made it into suitcases and many 'see you in a year' goodbyes have taken place. I am down to checking items off lists to ensure nothing has been forgotten. Lucky for me, one of my co-workers will be traveling to Kampala in about 6 weeks and can bring anything I forget or find that I need.
I must admit, pathetic as it sounds, I am a little sad that I will miss the final two weeks of SYTYCD!! Someone will have to keep me posted on the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment