Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Headed to Kampala

I am headed to Kampala, Uganda to work at the Right To Play East & Southern Africa office. I have spent the past 15 months working in Toronto, and sometimes NYC, on various fundraising initiatives. It has been a pretty incredible year! I was offered the opportunity to work in our regional office to learn from the team there about our programs and work to develop a local fundraising strategy, and I jumped at the chance to return to East Africa. I will spend one year working in Kampala and then the plan is to return to Toronto and continue working for Right To Play.

For more information on Right To Play visit www.righttoplay.com

From what I have read Kampala is a very safe city, but of course I will be careful! Approximately 1.75 million people live in Kampala. It is located just north of the Equator, which means around 12 hours of sunlight / 12 hours of darkness a day. It is around 4000 feet above sea level, which I hope means its not too humid! The temperatures range from 18 - 28, with two rainy seasons. I am bringing a good rain coat along!

I have started this blog to keep people up to date on my latest adventure. I will warn in advance that I am not a witty writer. I will try to post pictures here, but will likely continue to post on facebook.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment