Friday, May 14, 2010

Not much new....

Not much new to report in Kla but I figured it was best I posted something before I heard about it from my mom!


The rest of my week in Dar was good.  While I didn't actually get to go to WEF it was still pretty cool to be on the periphery of it and to feel the energy and excitement.  I did go to a WEF party - there seem to be a lot of them and I am guessing that this is where many of the connections are made.  This was the first time Africa WEF was held outside of South Africa and though I think the organizers faced a whole new set of challenges I hope that they continue to explore venues outside of Cape Town in the future.


A Bajaj in the rain

Flooded Road

This was the main road to the office - traffic was only a bit worse than normal!

Not a great pic - but they had a raised path to get from the truck to the store

En route to the airport

more traffic

Cyclist along the road to the airport


I was home just in time for the weekend and to catch up with some friends.  We had a great dinner of Korean food at Sonia and Janet's (unfortunately no pictures...but the food was really good!).  I also went to a house party - only my second this year.  It was quite something with a DJ and big bar.  I may have to wrangle invites to a few more of these before heading home.


Heading home....for those that are wondering I am not quite sure when that will be but will keep you posted.  I will still be working with RTP in a role at our Headquarters in Toronto.  All of the details are still a bit in the air and I am working on being patient (definitely a skill I have slowly but surely acquired this year).


Before I go home there are a few things that I have planned!  I am aiming to head to Northern Ethiopia for a week in June - if you have any tips let me know.  I had been contemplating it for a while but after seeing Angela's photos I decided it was a must do!  Luckily there are two public holidays in Uganda so I will take three vacation days and travel for a full week!  I also have to white water raft on the Nile.  I am hoping this will happen just after Ethiopia.


I heard there was snow in Toronto for Mother's Day....there is something crazy going on with the weather!  It is STILL raining in Kampala - it started in November!!  (That being said there are still some gorgeous days but the weather is pretty unpredictable so have haven't spent many weekends poolside). 

1 comment: