Thursday, April 1, 2010

Meetings in Dar

The meetings in Dar were all very interesting - I think the World Economic Forum Young Global Leaders are going to have a great experience.  There are so many interesting organizations that they will get to visit - including Right To Play:)


Dar is much more humid than Kampala - and much more colourful.  The colour is due to the wonderful Kangas that the women wear.  Kangas are just pieces of material - some have them sewn into skirts, shirts or dresses while others just wrap themselves in one.  


As I promised in my last post - this one contains some pictures!


Right To Play Partner that we visited

The entire clinic was colourful - even the patients

Children playing "Infection Protection"

The 'infections' trying to break through the immune system

Children singing & laughing

Children watching the Mzungus outside

Children listening to us speak

Ethiopian Coffee ceremony - roasting the beans

grinding the beans

Boiling the coffee
I must admit I had vanilla ice cream with my coffee poured on it!

My flights back to Kla were better than the way to Dar - it always helps to read a cheesy book (Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella).  I have spent the past two days at the office working on various malaria initiatives and am ready for the weekend!!

With any luck my dad will arrive tomorrow morning and we will head to Fort Portal in Western Uganda for the night.  Saturday morning we will go to Kibale NP to track Chimps and then to Queen Elizabeth NP for safari!

I hear it will be sunny and 28 in Toronto tomorrow - enjoy those patios:)  Its not quite that nice here.

No comments:

Post a Comment