Thursday, June 10, 2010

play = smiles

One of the best parts of my time in Uganda have been the days when I have had the opportunity to visit the field and see the children play.  Even before you see the smiles on their faces you can hear the sound of joy.  (I have taken some video that I will share when i am back in Toronto....with faster internet!)


Over the past week, while I did not end up in Ethiopia, I did end up making two field visits. The first was to see our Junior Leaders lead activities and the second was to visit ECD centres where the leaders are using puppets to help lead discussions with 2 - 6 year olds.  In between I had a good night out of play.  All in all it was an important reminder that playing leads to smiles and happiness.







So, I just love the t-shirts that many of the children have at Kampala schools!


Dauphine - one of our amazing Junior Leaders

Children watching the action

group of girls waiting for their turn at a rugby clinic
(it was pretty cool that there was a rugby clinic taking place along-side the RTP activities)

rugby clinic

Trude, Sonia & me at Cayenne - play-time for us!

Sonia & Magnus

Thomas, Magnus & me

Back to the field
(another great shirt!!)

children walked with the beanbags and if it dropped they waited for another child to help them

The head was easy compared to the chest!

cute toothless smile

cooling down

warming up at the next school

game time

contrast between the child in school and the one at home across the road

smiles

best buddies

unsure of the mzungu with the camera

JOY

Excitement is building with the kick-off of the World Cup tomorrow!  On Saturday I will go white water rafting and will need to get rested in time for the England - US Kick-off.  (Sorry Dad - I will be in my England Jersey!!)

Caroline graduated last week and today is Emily's graduation!  Congratulations!!



No comments:

Post a Comment